This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cleaning out transmission.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
J3 Driver
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 17241
Tractors Owned: 1976 C-160 Wheelhorse
1995 JD F525
1998 JD 955 with 70A loader and 54 blade
JD 71 planter modified for use on Sleevehitch
Brinly plow, disk, and cultivator.
Son has a 1957 Cub with fast hitch, snowplow, 194 plow, disk, carryall, Mott fast hitch flail mower, and windbreaker
1942 John Deere H
Circle of Safety: Y

Cleaning out transmission.

Postby J3 Driver » Tue May 30, 2017 11:41 am

I've searched on this site but can find out how full do you make the transmission when using kerosene or diesel fuel to clean it up. Just to the level plug or do you fill it almost the whole way up. I want to try this before I end up taking it all apart.

Thanks in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cleaning out transmission.

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue May 30, 2017 1:23 pm

It's so easy to remove the shifter to gain direct access to 99% of the transmission, that I would recommend you just do that and use one of those pump sprayers to spray down the inside of the transmission with kerosene. It'll do a better job than just driving around with a bunch of kerosene sloshing around, almost like a power wash.

However if you would just like to go the fill and drive route, the level fill plug on the left side is a good place to stop. Any more than that and it will just run out of the axle seals anyway.

Return to “Farmall Cub”