This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

T/C repair kit

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

T/C repair kit

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:24 pm

Going to order one for a winter project. About how much is the kit? Are parts marked or different enough that you don't have to measure each one so it gets to its proper location?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Price

Postby allenlook » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:59 pm

Charles,

I'm assuming you mean the rebuild kit for your Touch Control.

I know Tom's got them for $30.50 or $32.00 depending on the early or late model of Touch Control. You can tell by the model number cast on the side of your unit and compare it against the part numbers of the rebuild kit. http://www.tmtractor.com

The kits don't include the large cylindrical or small conical screens, and if your unit hasn't been apart for a long time the large screen has probably disintegrated, and the conical screen needs a serious cleaning.

Some of the O-rings are close in size, but I recommend saving the old ones aside and replacing them like-for-like and you shouldn't have any trouble.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years

THANKS

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:17 pm

The block # is 351 981 R1 and I'll be ordering the 354 008 R95 kit.
The old block according to the parts book doesn't use the conical screen on the pressure relief. Planning to get a new suction screen, control boot, and the Super A piston boot plus a new side manifold gasket. Anything else I forgot???

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Nope

Postby allenlook » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:22 pm

Not that I can think of at this late hour... Do you want to do the simple rebuild on the hydraulic pump at the same time? I don't recall if Tom's kits have the O'rings for that, but it's not a hard job at all and you've already got the unit off and all of the fluid drained, so why not, right?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pump

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:33 pm

Think I pass on the pump. Seems to be working OK. 59 years in the family and still going. Kinda think that if its not broke or leaking, DON'T fix it. Already had the cub split hard for new front and rear main seals last winter, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. :) :)

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Okey doke.

Postby allenlook » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:39 pm

Okey doke. Good luck with the TC rebuild!

Return to “Farmall Cub”