This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ISO restoration help near San Jose, CA

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
owenhalliday
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 94024
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub

ISO restoration help near San Jose, CA

Postby owenhalliday » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:03 pm

I recovered a 1949 Cub (83,xxx) from an orchid nursery near San Francisco and gave it to my wife as an anniversary present (I know, I know...but she loves it!) We are looking to restore it (nothing fancy, just get it running, etc) but it is in rather rough shape. Any suggestions for someone I could talk to in my area that would be able to help?

calcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 95032
Tractors Owned: 2- 1952 Cubs

Re: ISO restoration help near San Jose, CA

Postby calcub » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:50 am

Can you expand a bit as to what you mean by "rough shape"? For example, is the engine free or is it stuck? Does it turn over?

I am in Los Gatos

owenhalliday
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 94024
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub

Re: ISO restoration help near San Jose, CA

Postby owenhalliday » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 am

Thanks for the reply. It hasn't been run in at least 30 years. The last time I checked (5 years ago) the engine wasn't stuck but it wouldn't even be close to running as it is missing wires, components, etc. I suspect that it will probably need substantial replacements. I do have photos if that would help. I am not looking to restore it to original, just get it running well, painted, etc. I am not a mechanic and this project would be well beyond the scope of what I could do so I am looking for someone who might do this sort of thing for a living. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks