1958 cub

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ajhbike
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 06405
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub- Lorelai
1956 Lo-Boy FH- Rory
1951 Super C FH- Emily
1968 JD 3020- Paris
Woods 59 CLF
54A Blade, 54-L Blade, C-22 Sickle
C-21-P Sickle Mower
72" Rear Blade, Carryalls, Pallet Forks, IH 263 2 Row Cultivator, 7' Rake, Brush Hog, Horn-Draulic FEL

Re: 1958 cub

Postby ajhbike » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks to all...and a typo...I have a '57 cub. I want to mount the rockshaft lift assembly to the 3 bolts next to the deluxe seat. However, the mounting plate will not line up if i attach it and bolt it above the bracket...it seems to need to be mounted below the seat bracket. Another however is that then I need to shim up the other bracket on the drivers right side. It seems odd that the bracket mounting requires a shim for the other side. Thoughts?

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby tst » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:23 am

you need a 1/2" spacer under the right side to have it sit level when using a rear rockshaft, that is the way it was designed

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Peter Person » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 am

Barnyard wrote:
ajhbike wrote: I am in Connecticut and am not sure what farmall festivals there are in the area, but will research.

Here is a link to the CubFest schedule. There is one four hours away in Oxford NY and another 5 1/2 hours away in Exeter, Maine. http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=94992

ajhbike,
There was a CubFest in Connecticut for several years held at Zagray Farm in Colchester, CT in conjunction with their Spring Show - 1st weekend in May. We didn't have a shop to work in so our options for projects were limited. We need someone with some land and a shop/barn to step forward in CT and get a ConnectiCubFest on the books again!
Zagray still has their Spring Show and quite a few forum members attend. Art Chester (artc) is heavily involved with Zagray. There are actually a lot of Cub owners in CT.
I have a 57 Cub as well and live "right up the road" in Stafford Springs, CT.
If I can be of help, let me know.

Welcome,
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety