This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cabin Fever - Buried in Snow!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cabin Fever - Buried in Snow!!

Postby Urbish » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:50 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Good looking old cub, and I really starts nice. I also have one of those gas funnels, and they can be pretty handy. One thing I would strongly suggest is that you develop the habit of "shaking hands" with the gear shift before starting, especially when starting from the ground. It can really reduce unpleasant surprises.

One of the many hidden dangers of having a tractor that starts right up without hassle. :lol:
Jim

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Urbish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48158
Tractors Owned: ~
1958 International Cub LoBoy
1947 Farmall H
1946 Farmall B
1953 Willys CJ3B
2022 Massey Ferguson GC1723E Subcompact

Cub Loboy L-54 Leveling and Grader Blade

Postby Urbish » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:56 am

v w wrote:We've had several days in upper 50's and up to 65 breaking records set in 1930. Snow forecast for the weekend. Good news for the fruit farmers.

I had 72º near Ann Arbor on Saturday. I was out trimming suckers off of my plum and pear trees and they're fully budded. We have overnight lows in the mid-20's forecast for this weekend.
Jim

Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:23 am

Eugene wrote:Central Missouri. Minnows are up in stream. Crocus blooming in the yard. Soil temperature is 58 degrees on the surface, 54 degrees at 4 inch depth.

Tomorrow, will start checking the asparagus patches for the first asparagus picking.
Checked this morning. Asparagus spears are poking through the soil.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Our Pass Thyme
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04435
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub with loader and fast hitch
1953 Farmall Cub
1970 International Cub
2011 JD X530
1995 Noma Garden Tractor
(previously owned a 1950 David Bradley walk behind tractor, if this counts?)

Postby Our Pass Thyme » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 am

Guys, please rest assured. What I left out of the video....
Before the video I "shook hands" with the cub and as I brought it out of gear and into neutral, I thought, I should make a video with Ruth the Cub and all this snow to let the DSCF folks know just how lucky they were to be enjoying all that great weather and fun! I figured, since I had been having battery issues back in September and had not put it on the charger since way back then, the video might turn out to be quite laughable! So I set up the camera, moved the JD stuff out the way, went over to continue the start up with the camera rolling. Maybe I should have shook hands again for authenticity, but no one so far noticed or mentioned the other safety check evident in the video - pulling the ignition with switch off. That is why it took two pulls to start. With the electric switch off (pushed in), the first pull allows the vacuum to fill the carb, the hydraulics prime, and the tractor will jerk but not roll off if still in gear. Also, I park with brakes set. :tractor:
-Tom :hattip:

Return to “Farmall Cub”