This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO flat belt pulley

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

PTO flat belt pulley

Postby Kirk-NJ » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:05 am

I have a couple of flat belt pulleys from out in my barn. I was saving them cause I thought they were from my cub. I checked out the center and they are off an A C or maybe a 140. I have an adapter for the fine splined cub but it steps up to the 1 3/8" rough spline instead of the 1 1/8" rough spline. Did they make an adapter for the A pulley to the cub. If so how easy would it be to find one or should I just put an ad in the ad section and try to trade for one or sell both and buy one?

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: PTO flat belt pulley

Postby Bus Driver » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:08 pm

I think I have seen such an adapter. But if your pulleys are any larger in diameter than the largest Cub pulley, it will not work well. If your pulley is wider or larger, it probably will not clear some part of the tractor or the angle drive. The Cub flat pulleys were available in diameter 9", 7 5/8", and 6", all 4 3/4"wide. The 9" diameter is the one seen most in my area. I do have one of the 7 5/8". When I last used the cordwood saw with the Cub, the 9" pulley drove the blade so fast that the engine speed had to be kept low and thus the engine power was low. Not very satisfactory. A smaller pulley on the PTO or angle drive would have permitted higher engine speed. A larger pulley on the saw mandrel would have driven the saw slower relative to the engine speed but would have reduced available cutting depth of the saw.
Last edited by Bus Driver on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Kirk-NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07838

Re: PTO flat belt pulley

Postby Kirk-NJ » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:29 am

Thanks for your reply. The pulleys are about 6" on the face and a little over 8" wide. I'll list them on the vine in case someone has an interest.

Kirk