This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

loboy tranny

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jrenn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

loboy tranny

Postby jrenn » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Bought a 56 loboy last summer that the owner told me had a broken tooth on 1st & rev .It is very noisy in those two.Lifted the top today and I just see 2nd gear top shaft missing a tooth.didn't see anything for 1st or rev except the shifter is a little angled and is stiff to move.Any sugestions before I do the major surgery.2nd and 3rd are quiet

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

schmibm
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: loboy tranny

Postby schmibm » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:00 pm

Noise in 1st and reverse is typically the main and counter shaft bearings being shot. At higher speeds, more oil is being flung up to these bearings and lessens the noise and the load changes paths so it will be quieter. Since you are missing the tooth, disassembly is necessary to fix that anyway. So its a good time to replace bearings too.

There is a good how to in the help section that Bill E Bob put together. I followed it this summer when we rebuilt a Cub tranny for my sons 4H project. It helped a lot. viewtopic.php?f=141&t=47391
1949 Project Cub
1955 Cub Lo-Boy "Jack"
1957 Cub Lo-Boy "Mac"
1957 Cub with 5' Woods Belly Mower "James"
24 other Farmalls A thru SMTA.

Return to “Farmall Cub”