This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ran some seafoam through

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jakeesspoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44847

ran some seafoam through

Postby jakeesspoo » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:22 pm

I ran some seafoam through the cub that I got that hadnt been run in 8 years...the cub sounds good but now its blowing out more smoky and black echause than before. I dont know but Im assuming this is good and is cleaning out carbon and other funk I suppose I should keep running it through for a few days if thats the case. :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:24 pm

Don't just idle it. Work it hard for an hour or two. Pull a plow or make up a box fill it with samd or stone and drag it. That should help. More than one treatment may be needed.
Clean the breather tube too.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:38 pm

To add to Beaconlight.

The smoke and crud sounds right. If your using the small temperary tank put a little SeaFoam in the tank. You may want to wait a bit before taking the Cub out for a work out. Depends on how far along you are in the restoration process.

Some of us (me) put about 1/2 can of SeaFoam in the gas tank from time to time. It may take a while to loosen things up.

Eugene

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:49 am

Instead of mixing it with the fuel, I fashioned up a piece of vacuum tube with a valve and attached the tube directly to the manifold via a port just above the carb. Cranked the engine and opened the valve and siphoned directly from the can. I used about 1/2 can, shut the valve and ran until the smoke cleared.
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Return to “Farmall Cub”