This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deluxe seat

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Deluxe seat

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:05 pm

Deluxe seat makes getting on and off harder, especially on a Lo-Boy. Something to think about if you don't use the tractor for an extended time.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI

Postby BIGHOSS » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:11 am

My cub with a deluxe seat is a regular one, not a low boy, so I have another take on getting off and on. I did find that when getting off you cannot do so by placing your right leg over the fender and sliding forward because of the armrest. That being said, I simply dismount just the reverse of mounting the cub. I have been riding horses all my life and did yesterday as a matter of fact, so I am accustomed to getting off and on a horse. The cub is the same as mounting and dismounting a horse; just step up and on and step down and off. I place my right foot on my step
(stirrup) grab the steering shaft (saddle horn) and swing up into the seat. This has not been an issue with me.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

john2189
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44657

Postby john2189 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:28 am

I'm sure it's like everything, you have to learn and then get used to it
'49 Cub (Vince)
'41 allis B with Woods L59 mower
656 Wheel Horse with 42” sickle mower
C-165 Wheel Horse
Simplicity 20 HP Sunstar
Honda 48” walk behind mower

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:32 am

I have never noticed any difference getting on/off, if anything it's easier because you can grab the armrest of the seat. I do have a Cub step on it so that may make a difference.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:16 am

The deluxe seat is not unique to the Cub, or to International even. I believe at least John Deere also used the same seat frame and cushion design, except the cushions are yellow of course. I have also seen IH utility tractors sporting the same seat.

About the only difference I am aware of is the mounting rails on the Cub version of the seat frame are offset. This is easy enough to rectify.

This will give you other sources for the seat frame.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote: I believe at least John Deere also used the same seat frame and cushion design, except the cushions are yellow of course.

IIRC letter series JD cushions were black, there's a subtile difference in the way the backrest on the A, B, etc. JDs bolts to the frame. I don't know if that would matter or not.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

brewzalot
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 53105
Tractors Owned: '57 cub Loboy
'61 cub

Postby brewzalot » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:09 pm

BIGHOSS wrote:The cub is the same as mounting and dismounting a horse; just step up and on and step down and off

And if you fall off either one- make sure you get right back on :) .

I wasn't all that happy with the room around my deluxe seat until I drilled new holes and moved it back about 2". I made my own cushion with a pc. of plywood, some foam and fiberglass insulation, and some weather proof canvas from a fabric store. Stuff it, wrap it around, fold the corners and staple to the underside of the plywood similar to the originals. You can make the softness/hardness exactly to your liking.

Tim

Return to “Farmall Cub”