This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Linking manifold

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Linking manifold

Postby spaceghost » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:26 pm

I just finished my first tractor split and clutch job.
To my surprise the 58 lo-boy started right up and shifts just fine now.
The post on setting the fingers saved me a lot of time.

I have one problem, the hydraulic manifold is leaking where it bolts on to the block assy. I made a gasket out of gasket paper and used high tack. The leak seems to be coming out of those Allen screw plugs and I don’t know what to do about it.

Also will the hydraulic pump be damaged if the fluid in the system is very low?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:04 pm

The allen screws are actually 1/8 inch pipe plugs, you can remove them and put pipe dope on threads, or may just need tightening. Gasket paper and selaer may not last due to high pressure on that gasket (1200 pounds). Gasklets are ony 3 or 4 dollars from IH. If it gets too low, the pump can be damaged.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”