This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plowing with a Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WaMoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99109
Tractors Owned: 1954 Farmall Cub
2013 NH Workmaster 40
Circle of Safety: Y

Plowing with a Cub

Postby WaMoo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello!

So, my wife and I decided we wanted to have a small garden next year, so we now had an opportunity to use our 194 fast hitch plow. I've never plowed before, so there was a lot of figuring things out along the way.

Being an educational experience, we made a video about setting up the fast hitch, adjusting the plow, and the actual plowing. We had good success, so here's a link to the video"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_IXSDkANKk

Enjoy!
WaMoo - Dairy Farmer and U.S. Coast Guard (Retired)
Chewelah, WA
"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."
~George Washington

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Plowboy48
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 72576

Re: Plowing with a Cub

Postby Plowboy48 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:25 pm

Look good to me nice job and thanks for the video.

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Great video! Thanks for posting!
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

Fireman Bill
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 22630

Postby Fireman Bill » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Nice job. It has to make you guys feel great to be using that old steel to work your ground. Thanks for putting your time to good use.

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader

Postby welderrx » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Nice video, a Cub is a great tractor to learn how to plow with, having the manual is a big plus it gets your adjustments fairly close, I learned how to plow with an Allis Chalmers C which uses only a slightly bigger mounted plow. You can experiment with depth and level and running straight furrows and different soil types. In my soil which is a fairly heavy clay moisture is critical to good plowing, to wet you can't get any traction, to dry the plow doesn't slice the soil it breaks through it and makes big chunks. We had one field with a band of different soil almost 30 feet wide across it that the county man said was left from the glaciers, the plow would always ride up to the surface in, it ran almost the length of the field. With a little tractor like the cub with 8 or 9 horses the plow will let you know when you are doing things right and wrong , right it will slice through the sod and soil like a knife wrong and you will think you are dragging an anchor behind you, which will make you a much better plowman
If you ever use a bigger multi bottom plow, if you know how to read the plow abd adjust it you can make life so much easier on the tractor and burn a lot less fuel, than someone who just hooks up and goes for it. Good Job T J
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Return to “Farmall Cub”