This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall-Land visit

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall-Land visit

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:11 am

I was in Omaha with my wife for a reunion this past weekend. Convinced her to go with me to Avoca, IA for the visit. A very impressive collection, both the tractors and all of the other IH related stuff. I think my favorite tractor (aside from Cubs) was a F-20 high clearance that had rear wheels that were close to 8' in diameter. It also had a 5 row grain drill hanging below it. If you're ever close, I'd strongly recommend a visit. Sue even enjoyed it. :D

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Radec Aksarben
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 68736
Tractors Owned: '48 Farmall Cub w/ IH-Danco C2 belly mower, full cultivator
'52 Farmall Cub w/ 193 plow, 28-A disk, flail mower, buzz saw, leveling blade,
misc cultivator parts and attachments
1450 Cub Cadet with mower deck (sold)
'49 Farmall M w/ factory disk brakes (not super style)
'51 International I-9 - rusty yellow (sold but in family)

Re: Farmall-Land visit

Postby Radec Aksarben » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:57 am

That place is awesome! I also strongly encourage a visit. I've been there twice. :D

I have a picture of the F-20 Bob's refers to. It was used for drilling winter wheat in standing corn. In operation it would have had a little drill behind each rear wheel as well.
tall f20.jpg

One of my favorites is this little guy.
T 340.jpg

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Re: Farmall-Land visit

Postby Super A » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Wife and I went there in '09 or so. Fantastic place! At that time they had the first Farmall Regular sold to the public and the last Farmall (5488) on display from caseIH. I wish now we would have taken another day or so and gone on to Omaha and checked out the SAC museum.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall Cub”