This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Manure Spreader

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Manure Spreader

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:57 pm

If you have hills, a loaded 200 may be a bit too much for a Cub's brakes.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DickB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1955 Cub Fast Hitch
sickle bar
land plow
harrows
snow plow
manure spreader
hayrake, rope pull
variety of cultivators
Wagner WM-1 bucket loader
rear carrier -- homemade

Postby DickB » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:32 am

Bob McCarty wrote:If you have hills, a loaded 200 may be a bit too much for a Cub's brakes.

Bob

I can sure believe that, Bob. But for one who never had a horse nor worked with them, just how did the 200H manure spreader driver handle the heavy load with the horses? Is there a brake on the spreader? If so is it possible to operate both that brake and a Cub's brakes simultaneously? Sounds like too much to do... ? ?

WaMoo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99109
Tractors Owned: 1954 Farmall Cub
2013 NH Workmaster 40
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby WaMoo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:51 am

I don't think I'd pull this with the Cub, especially loaded. The manure spreader does not have brakes.

With horses, manure spreaders are called the "confidence booster", since this noisy machine, flinging bits of manure occasionally onto the backs, actually gets easier to pull (since it's unloading) as the job goes on.

I do have a 40HP loader tractor, and it could certainly pull it no problem, but the ultimate plan is to pull the manure spreader with horses, and use the loader tractor for... well... loading!
WaMoo - Dairy Farmer and U.S. Coast Guard (Retired)
Chewelah, WA
"I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world."
~George Washington

Return to “Farmall Cub”