This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

WOW, somebody gots us pegged??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

WOW, somebody gots us pegged??

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:14 pm

Did you all see this on ebay?? look at that price! Glad no one got it, that wouold just drive the price up on other stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... otohosting

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

outrageous

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:19 pm

boy, at that price, i hope they stay on ebay a looooong time.

sviennadan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby sviennadan » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:27 pm

I have looked Wenger's before for parts and such. Never ordered anything from them though. Too darned expensive.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:28 pm

Yup,

I have seen this particular pair on eBay about 3 or 4 times since last September or October. At his starting price it will stay for awhile. Sometimes people ask really outrageous prices for things.

But, they sure are nice :!: :lol:

I was looking at an old McClary Easy wood kitchen stove - the guy had converted it to gas (destroying it's value) and his opening bid was $1500.00Cdn.... I think he was a bit out to lunch so he got no takers at all.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:14 pm

They have been sold on eBay for several years, but maybe not by the same person, and when I first saw them the buy it now price was about $90-$100. As long as they have been sold/offered, kinda makes me wonder how original they are.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:40 pm

Original or not, they are not worth that price. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

BOB K.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BOB K. » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:34 pm

They are being sold by 1 of the owners of wenger. Loyd Wenger who runs the construction part has a large colection of this stuff. I am pretty sure its him. If you go on wengers.com there is a link to colector section. It list all kinds of old equipment books, poster and so on. He has alot of nice stuff.

Tractor Tom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Buyer Beware?

Postby Tractor Tom » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:44 pm

Watching some of the Ebay stuff just makes me shake my head, but I won't get to smug, I have been burned on Ebay before and probably will again. Recently, I sent a personal e-mail to a couple of guys bidding on the serial tags you can buy several places for about $23. The bidding was up to over $60 and still going if I recall. I know you guys might not agree with me but I felt I should tell them spend your money anyway you want but those tags are reproductions and are available from several sources. Both guys thanked me, they were the 2nd and 3rd bidders, I didn't wreck the deal for the seller, just maybe cut into his profit.
So many tractors, so little time......

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:52 am

Tom:

There was a guy selling OEM Catalogs on eBay :shock: :? .. starting price $24.00US. I sort of sent an email to OEM and then they sent one to eBay along with my note to eBay. The item was removed and is not allowed on eBay again.. The darn thing is free :roll: :lol: amd some guy was trying to sell it.

I did the same thing for the gas caps, which you can get from Navistar. Seems a couple of the guys on the forum here did the same thing and one actually posted the jpg of the form on eBay and told everybody to download it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do what you think is right. Most everybody will agree with what you did, I sure do Image :lol: 8)
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:15 am

Lloyd Wenger IS Wenger's in Pennsylvania! I have watched these 2 styled IH posters for years on Ebay when the original starting bids were $50.00 to $75.00 each! :oops: I believe that he came across a cashe of several of these original IH Cub posters...and I believe that they are all authentic!

It's not unusual for someone to buy an old IH dealership, and uncover a treasure-trove of IH stuff. A guy in California, about 6 or 7 years ago did just that. He found a bunch of authentic McCormick-Deering watch fobs(still packed in their original glassine envelopes) I still have mine :wink: ...some BIG IH tractor cut-away tractor posters (I bought one of the "M's") 8) and a bunch of Cub pencils, IH pens and pencils. SO...it DOES HAPPEN every now and then. It's like anything else...KNOW WHAT YOU'RE BUYING BEFORE YOU BUY IT! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:43 pm

When i first got my Low Boy I bought a Rock shaft from wengers. At the time I didn't know any better.. With what I have learned since I am embarased to mention the price. At the time not knowing better I was darn glad to get the part. Go figure.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Gas Caps

Postby allenlook » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:39 am

I see there's some of the new style gas caps for sale on eBay, aren't they free?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:08 am

Allen:

Yes they are free :!: :shock: :lol:

However, like the guy that was selling OEM's Free catalog, there is always somebody trying to make a killing on stuff. Remember the post where somebody said he tried to get a cap for his tractor but Anthony Wayne services said that 3 caps had already be sent for that serial number to opposite ends of the country. I am not sure if it was here or on another forum, but I do remember reading that in the last few weeks.

That is probably how all these caps are ending up on ebay unless they are from an on-line CaseIH Dealer.

It might be time for whoever it was to post the order form on eBay again. :idea: :?: :D :lol:

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:17 am

maybe we should send pictures of the seral #
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:07 am

I was up the country for a few days. Sunday morning after church I went to East Merideth NY to an antique engine show at Hansmons Mill Museum. It is an old water powered mill. They used set in tooth saw blades that had to be over 40 inch on diameter. They had water powered planers. cut off saws, molding shapers as well as lathes and other tools. Seems as if in the winter they had to shut down because of ice and in the summer because of lack of enough water so a steam boiler and 2 steam engines were installed to supply power using slab wood for a heat sourse.
Any way there wer a number of hit and miss engines as well as a number of steam engines, old fire trucks, a 1921 ford truck and 2 cubs. The old timer withe the cubs is not on the internet. His implements were the proper Blue but his cultivators were strange. The rears and left side fronts were spring tooth. The right fronts were shovel type. That is the way he bought them second handed and thathat is the way he used to work them. He said they woked well for him. I told him about the cap deal and he was interested for he had gas spill at times. I will print up the form for him and mail it to him.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”