This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Vexing issue with Mott Flail Mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rkrupa
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 60112
Tractors Owned: 1966 International Cub

Vexing issue with Mott Flail Mower

Postby rkrupa » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:01 pm

I was well pleased with the Mott Flail Mower on my Cub except for one issue. The jockey rod rattled too much. To solve it, I had the slopped out holes in the mounting brackets welded and resized to 3/4". I purchased two category one top links and screwed them together to form a strong unit to replace the original jockey rod.
To accomplish this, I removed both of the left hand threaded adjusting screws. Sawed off the ball swivel of one of them, thereby allowing me to use the screw to join the two top links together. I turned the remaining two "ball joints" out to achieve the same center to center distance as the original jockey rod, then tightened the jam tabs that came with the top links.
This new jockey rod then is mounted to the mower using two 3/4" x 4" grade 8 bolts oriented as shown and secured with lock nuts/flat washers.
No more rattle; - quiet and solid.
Attachments
image005.jpg
image004.jpg
image003.jpg
image003.jpg
image002.jpg
image001.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Vexing issue with Mott Flail Mower

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Been running a similar set up for years, but I used a single top link and cut it in the middle then welded a piece of pipe in to extend it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”