This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Throttle Up Without Stopping '56 Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
woodsbum
10+ Years
10+ Years

Throttle Up Without Stopping '56 Cub

Postby woodsbum » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:15 pm

Hey guys, figured it wouldn't be long until I needed some help. I went over my cub and did a bunch of stuff listed in the "things to do when you get a cub" post (thanks for that) and get her all back together. Having an issue I never had before on starting. The cub fires good, catches, but at very low idle. Then, slowly at first, throttles up without me doing anything, to the point where I have to kill it so it doesn't go too far. I assume this is a governor issue? I played with the throttle some, and it seems like it has no influence on the increasing idle. Thanks in advance!
Joel

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Throttle Up Without Stopping '56 Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Check your throttle and choke linkages at the carburetor to make sure you didn't cross them.

woodsbum
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Throttle Up Without Stopping '56 Cub

Postby woodsbum » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:49 am

Well, I feel a little silly now. I was so convinced it was something "big" that I missed the obvious. Guess it was a good thing last night when I left her sit for the night after getting frustrated- it was a simple linkage issue involving a cotter pin. Saw it first thing at 7am this morning when I looked things over again. Thanks!

Return to “Farmall Cub”