This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub cooling system

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nat
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27292

Cub cooling system

Postby nat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:30 pm

What is my cub telling me? When I remove theradiator cap and run it at an idle I see it turning the water over as I think it should, but if raised to mid throtle it has bubbles in the neck and if goosing the throtle wide open and then to and idle and back it will spew water out till the water level is below site.Is it telling me I have a blown gasket/ crack? It has always lost some water in use such as plowing the garden or scraping my drive which is pretty long and wide. Can someone tell me what it is saying ? Thanks, Nat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Puffie40
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
1939 Farmall H
1959 MF 202
1965 MF 180
1937 Caterpillar 22
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub cooling system

Postby Puffie40 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Bubbles does mean combustion gasses are getting into the water, usually from a bad head gasket. A crack will be harder to detect until you have the head off.

While you have the head off, check both the head and block surfaces for flatness, as uneven surfaces will also cause the head gasket to fail.

nat
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27292

Postby nat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:12 pm

I was sort of afraid that was the message it was sending. I don't need it right now so it would be a good time to do the repairs. Thanks, Nat

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Before you take any drastic actions, flush the entire cooling system. Use the search function, there are several topics on the subject, including a recent one.

Crud and scale build up in thermosyphon cooling systems. Crud and scale cause hot spots on cylinder walls.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”