This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

oil pressure regulator piston stuck

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
union mills gordon
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28167

oil pressure regulator piston stuck

Postby union mills gordon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:32 pm

thanks for all the info. I have a 47 cub i am working on and the oil pressure regulator piston is stuck and I can't get it out is there any tricks that might work? I have the motor stripped down to rebuild it. is the oil pressure relief important or can I leave it stuck in the bottom of the cylinder?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: oil pressure regulator piston stuck

Postby Eugene » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:00 pm

I have an excuse. CRS.

union mills gordon
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 28167

Postby union mills gordon » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:19 pm

thank you Mr. Eugene. I got mine out I took a 9/16 fine thread bolt and tapered the threads very lightly on the tip and taped it into the piston while turning the bolt . the bolt taped into the piston just enuff to let me pull it out without harming the piston

Frank Maddy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Frank Maddy » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:29 pm

I took a pair of reverse acting long nosed pliers, ground the tip a little to get a curve reached in wiggled it a little and it came right out.

Return to “Farmall Cub”