This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Proud Owner Of Cub Nimrods "49"

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ctltmp
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 26047
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Cub
1954 Farmall Cub

Proud Owner Of Cub Nimrods "49"

Postby ctltmp » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:19 am

Greetings All,

I'm new to the site but happy to be a part of a tractor group once again. About 12 years ago I had a small farm and got into refurbishing old farm equipment. One of the tractors I did in the past was a Cub, although I don't recall what year it was. Now years later another Cub just happened to find me. It was my sweeties pap's tractor, this fellows name was Nimrod so I'll call her "Nimrods 49". Her uncle has it who is 80 now. Uncle Eddie did a valve job and let her sit quite a while and didn't get the head back on. Now shes stuck with 1 & 4 straight dead up. With the Cub, wheel weights front and rear, moldboard, cultivators for 500 bucks I couldn't pass, especially since it's her pap's Cub and I think it should stay in the family.

I don't have any pictures yet, haven't even brought her home (had to make some room) but as soon as I get a chance I'll post the pictures. Overall the Cub is so-so. The tin inst that great but other than being stuck mechanically it looks pretty clean. I plan to pull the pistons and see what the cylinders look like and go from there. At a minimum I'll hone her out, new rings and rod bearings, re-lap the valves and of course completely clean and paint all of the engine and all of the other goodies. Later I'll deal with the tin.

The best thing about it I get to do something I really used to enjoy! I've missed it in the 12 years I haven't been able to work on any farm equipment. Problem is I live in town now (although it is a VERY small town). What the heck to do with it when it's done??? I still have a garden but it's not near big enough to plow with a Cub. I though maybe a front blade to plow snow, but the ones I've seen for sale are almost as much as I'm paying for the whole mess I'm getting.

Anyway, good to be here and stay tuned for "Nimrods 49"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Proud Owner Of Cub Nimrods "49"

Postby Bob McCarty » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Welcome to the Forum. If you need manuals, you can download from the tool bar above. Let us know if we can be of any help. Sounds like you have a good project ahead.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farmall Cub”