This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electrolysis comparison question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Virgin Andy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Electrolysis comparison question

Postby Virgin Andy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:53 pm

I have heard about these tanks and was wondering if anyone had some before and after pictures from their electrolysis procedures?

Does electrolysis work better than anything else?

Is it hard or confusing to build a tank?

When I restore my Cub I want to do the best job possible. Just looking for some info.

Please post some pictures or send me some in email to Andrewlcox@msn.com

Thanks, Andy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:39 pm

I just use a 50-gallon barrel for large stuff and a 5-gallon bucket for small stuff. There is pictures of mine and others on Rudi`s server page.
Then came Bronson

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:58 pm

Andrew,
I was asking the same question of the board some 4 months ago before starting the restoration of Baby, one of our Cubs.
With sandblasting the most concerning matter for me, having had pneumonia twice in my lifetime, is the dust, something I have to avoid. You have to either lose all your "sand" or make/buy a sandblasting cabinet to reuse it, a decent throughput compressor, space and....
I decided on Rudi's tank and would not go back, it brings parts up shiny ready for paint, the black marks where thr rust was, come off under water with a stiff wire-brush. As I said yesterday in another post a rotary twisted tuft cup wire-brush in an angle grinder or drill will bring those stubborn spots up to shiny, like realy new (dry), straight off the press, ready to paint. total cost, a bottle of Pastis for the 50G drum.
The only parts that I paid for sandblasting were the back wheel rims which I then had galvanised as per original.
Hope my little experience helps in your choice.
Pat

Return to “Farmall Cub”