This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Three point lift question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JMurphy
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 85119

Three point lift question

Postby JMurphy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Hello Group,
I am hoping to learn more about the lift setup on my 1965 lo-boy. It seems to be somewhere between a category 0 and a category 1. The lower link arms are about 25" apart and the pins on my blade are 3/4" diameter. Not quite a 1 but bigger than 0? I can't find a 3 point drawbar that fits. The only marking I can Find on the whole setup is FoMoCo stamped into the lower link arms. Ford Motor Co.? Does anyone know if this is how the tractor came originally or is the lift an after-market change?
Thanks for any information...
Jim
three point resize.jpg

Stamp resize.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

wrz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 85233
Tractors Owned: 47 Fcub
51 Fcub
57 Lo Boy FH
59 Lo Boy FH 45 Loader

Re: Three point lift question

Postby wrz » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:22 pm

If you bought this tractor from a guy in Gilbert AZ about a year ago, I have seen it at a couple of tractor shows and it originally had a fast hitch on it. The front bail crank was still on it on the right rear fender missing the crank lever and knob. The three point was added using the fast hitch lift arms and the lower two points was ford parts. On my three lo boys all have the working fast hitch that I can add a ball on the pull bar (of the fast hitch) to pull a trailer.
If this is the same tractor it was in like new condition with the new paint and the engine shure sounded in great condition.

Wm

JMurphy
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby JMurphy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:50 pm

Yes, I did get this one in Gilbert. Must be the same one that you were familiar with. I would like to have a proper pull bar. Mostly I pull an arena drag and it seems like a pull bar would be the correct point of attachment. Can I install one with my current configuration or do the link arms need to come off?
Jim

wrz
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 85233
Tractors Owned: 47 Fcub
51 Fcub
57 Lo Boy FH
59 Lo Boy FH 45 Loader

Postby wrz » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi Jim,
You have two options: (1) Use a O draw bar which is 20 inches wide and place bushings on the pins to change it from 5/8 to 3/4. Bingham Tractor on Country Club near US 60 in Mesa can get them order in for a little over $2.00 each or maybe Ace has them. (2) Change the 3 point back to a fast hitch. One of the site sponsors TM has pictures of the parts need for a Lo boy Fast hitch. Go to their home page and look on the left and click on How to hook up Implements Ebay has fast hitch parts but besure they are for LoBoy or post a wanted ad in the Vine on the forum.
Your cheapest route would be (1) above and if you changed to a fast hitch the scraper blade would not work unless it was converted to a one point.

Wm

JMurphy
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby JMurphy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:06 am

Thank you for the advice, it's very helpful.
Jim

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi,
It looks like in your pics that the Cub has the original IH upper rear rockshaft for a Fast Hitch still on the tractor. The maker of the 3 point hitch welded the 2 brackets for the top 3 point hitch arm, onto the Fast Hitch rockshaft.
Here is a page from the LoBoy owner's manual showing the Fast Hitch. :)

http://farmallcub.com/rudi_cub/www.clea ... age-16.jpg

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:29 pm

Homemade setup using the rockshaft from the factory Fast Hitch, and lower lift arms off a Ford tractor (possibly modified via heat-n-beat method), probably an N-series because you can purchase lower lift arms for N-series Fords cheaply just about anywhere that sells tractor parts.

Return to “Farmall Cub”