This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO problem fixed

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jason (IL)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60936
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub SN 8664
48 Cub
50 Demo
54 Cub
3-55 Cub
2-56 Cub
55 LOBOY SN 876
57 LOBOY
58 French Cub
2- 60 LOBOY
69 Cub
54 Super M
42 H
48 H
57 300LP
57 450
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 149
Circle of Safety: Y

PTO problem fixed

Postby Jason (IL) » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:35 pm

I bougth the nerw cub, got it home, started mowing with it and it ran great. Well when I got it to the farm it work for about 10 min and then it wouldn't stay in gear to mow. I was made of course but had nothing with me to fix it at the time.

Well, I went down to the farm yesterday to work on the tractor. I got it apart thinking something was wrong inside to rearend. Wrong I was everything inside appeared as if it was brand new. So I started wondering, and then my dad was with me, he pulled off the PTO lever. The lever near the battery box, it was bent enough to cause the PTO to kick out of gear. We put it back together and wow does the tractor mow GREAT now. I was really supprised when the thing mowed right through a thick stand of Button weeds with no problem. After that I mowed for over two hours and got the farm all mowed for the third time this year.
It was enjoying mowing 1/2 mile roadsides because of so little turning to do.
All I need now is a fast hitch and a new pair of Rear tires, thinking of going with turf tires on this cub. If anybody has a fast hitch to sell please give a hollor. May heading down to JP's next month to get one unless one comes closer, $3.29 gas is killing me right now.

Here is the picture of the tractor.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b111/jmmacki/

Jason

I

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:12 pm

I think I can tell who skipped his homework and didn't read the FAQ before he started:

"The coupling collar is moved and held in place by the shifter pin, which is controlled by the PTO lever. Before doing any internal investigation, look at the lever and the guide plate. Make sure the lever is not bent and that the guide plate is in it's normal position. The guide is held by one bolt and a small nub to help keep it in line. Straighten and adjust these parts as necessary. If this doesn't cure the problem, or if the same problem recurs in a short time, you will have to look internally."

Return to “Farmall Cub”