This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fast Hitch Flail Mower for Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mw065301
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 20748

Fast Hitch Flail Mower for Cub

Postby mw065301 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:22 am

Hello,

I have a fast hitch flail mower for my cub (I believe it is a Motts). While mowing last fall, I noticed that I seemed to have lost a drain plug. But after searching the forum, it looks like maybe it is supposed to be a vent... It's on the short section between the right angle gear box and the shaft leading to the belt pulley. Any idea on whether the hole is supposed to have a plug in it or not? If so, what size and where can I buy one?

Also, I noticed it as a bunch of grease came out of the hole... Is this an indication of a bigger problem, or just over greasing?

Thanks,

Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fast Hitch Flail Mower for Cub

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:42 am

This post would have been appropriate in the main Cub forum, as it is a Cub implement.

The hole takes a standard pipe plug which you can purchase at any hardware store or home improvement "big box" in the plumbing section. Only thing I'm not sure of is if it's 1/4" or 3/8". Since the plugs cost less than $1 each you can just get both to cover all the bases.

The gearbox should be filled to the level plug on the side with heavy gear oil. It might be a good idea to check that.

Return to “Farmall Cub”