This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

working cub?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
eddieB
10+ Years
10+ Years

working cub?

Postby eddieB » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:53 pm

Its nice to see and hear how a lot of you use your cubs! I got my 47 put back together finally. Got her started a hour ago! I do have a little problem though, when I press in the clutch pedal it sounds grindy and noisy! Its only during the pressing part thats noisy! I did notice that the throw-out bearing did have a chip in the front side during dismantling but when the IH dealer said that part was $68.00 i deceided that it wasn't that bad! Any thought on this? Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:40 pm

Eddie,

GREAT !!! :{_}: Glad he/she is a running.

My first thoughts are is maybe you need to re-check your adjustment on the clutch. I know that on mine I did not have it adjusted correctly and the yoke was actually hitting the pressure plate when I pressed on the cluth pedal. I re-adjusted and the probelm was solved.

I assume your TOB wasn't worn all the way down to the cast iron housing it sits in, if so this could be a possibility too, there just isn't enough carbon left to keep metal off of metal. Mine was really worn bad and I had no other option other than replacing it. Hope this helps some.

Again congrats on getting it running.

John Niekamp
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

eddieB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Clutch noise

Postby eddieB » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:02 pm

Thanks John for the suggestions, I will try to adjust the clutch fingers! The TOB protruded from the yoke around 1/8" or so! Best regards
Ed

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Re: Clutch noise

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:39 pm

eddieB wrote:Thanks John for the suggestions, I will try to adjust the clutch fingers! The TOB protruded from the yoke around 1/8" or so! Best regards
Ed

Eddie,

Before you go and adjust the pressure plate fingers, check the adjustment at the clutch pedal, it just might be it is adjusted to tight and you are actaully over-traveling the yoke and TOB, as it was in my case.

IF you do have to adjust the fingers I have been told you need small hands, there isn't much room to work around inside the hand hold cover, but it can be done.

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Return to “Farmall Cub”