IH C-2 Mower center mount w/FH?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LilCub
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 30025
Tractors Owned: "Bessie" - 73' International Cub with Fast Hitch

IH C-2 Mower center mount w/FH?

Postby LilCub » Mon May 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Does anyone have this set up? I have seen none with it actually on. The user guide has a section for it but many of the random parts are not listed.

From what I can tell I am missing the following, the gear box (right angle pto take off) used with flat belts, V belt pulley in place of flat belt pulley but no idea which pulley, spacer plates that go between idler pulley bracket (mule drive?) And fast hitch castings, and chain lift link.

Any help or pictures would be great. Will the normal bolts in the fast hitch casting work on the mule drive or do I need longer ones? Will the woods mower top lift link work for the chain lift link? The IH book shows a one peice that looks just like the woods top link but the Danco book shows a 2 piece chain lift. Does the normal mower pulley work for this set up? What diameter?

Just a few questions :D I am sure I will have more before it's mowing.

Thanks,
Ken

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: IH C-2 Mower center mount w/FH?

Postby tst » Mon May 23, 2016 8:07 pm

the pulley is the same on the right angle, uses a special mule drive and 2 different pulleys, two extensions from the mule drive brackets to the arms on the mower arms and two spacers between the mule drive and fast hitch mounts, bolts are longer
Tim

LilCub
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby LilCub » Mon May 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks Tim,

I have the mule drive with pulleys and extensions. Just missing the spacers and looks like I will need longer bolts. Any ideas on the spacers and the chain lift link? Are those something you happen to make ;)

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby tst » Mon May 23, 2016 9:14 pm

the spacers are just 1/2" stock, 2 holes in them that line up with the holes on the mule drive, the lift chain hooks to a arm that bolts to the rockshaft, I can make up both if you do not find them

LilCub
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby LilCub » Mon May 23, 2016 9:22 pm

I have the chain but need the arm. I found this one online for $15 but listed as a top lift arm for woods mower. Would this work to lift the chain?
4835_12_1_.jpg
Woods upper lift link

Just waiting for my tax return for that FH lift rod and will PM you about the spacers, etc.. soon.

Thanks again

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby tst » Mon May 23, 2016 9:32 pm

that arm is close enough to work

LilCub
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby LilCub » Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 pm

tst wrote:that arm is close enough to work

Good to know. I will keep that as a plan B but would prefer to have the actual part if anyone knows where to find one.

LilCub
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby LilCub » Tue May 24, 2016 3:32 pm

Does anyone actually have this set up? I am starting to wonder, is it very rare or just not practical?

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby tst » Tue May 24, 2016 6:46 pm

ran this setup for a long time, it worked great

LilCub
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby LilCub » Tue May 24, 2016 6:55 pm

tst wrote:ran this setup for a long time, it worked great

Does the mule drive limit the fast hitch? Obviously I haven't installed it yet but looks like the draw bar may hit at some point.

Also Tim you are the only one who has replied and I thank you very much but is it so rare no one else has any experience with it?

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby tst » Tue May 24, 2016 7:47 pm

the cut out in the mule drive is where the fast hitch will sit, other than side to side movement it did not limit the fast hitch

LilCub
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby LilCub » Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 pm

tst wrote:the cut out in the mule drive is where the fast hitch will sit, other than side to side movement it did not limit the fast hitch

Perfect Thanks Tim. PM sent.

twobadurina
Zip Code: 28326

Postby twobadurina » Tue May 31, 2016 9:39 am

I too have a belly mower c-2 and want to mount the fast hitch with the belly mower. I would love to see pictures of prior mentiioned setup. Please PM me to twobadurina@yahoo.com Thanks Tony Badurina

LilCub
Cub Star
Cub Star

Postby LilCub » Tue May 31, 2016 7:02 pm

twobadurina wrote:I too have a belly mower c-2 and want to mount the fast hitch with the belly mower. I would love to see pictures of prior mentiioned setup. Please PM me to twobadurina@yahoo.com Thanks Tony Badurina

Tony,

I do not have my set up complete and have very little response except for tst (Tim) who has been a huge help getting me straight. I have nearly everything figured out in my head and will soon be attrempting to get it all ordered and mounted. As soon as I do I will be sure to post picks and update any issues I have along the way.

As far as I can tell the only special part for this set up is the mule drive pictured below (upside down and backwards) which is designed to fit over the draw bar on the fast hitch (note the draw bar can only be in the far right position and can not be in the center position.) That along with some spacer plates where the mule drive bolts directly to the FH casting on each side. You will also need a right angle gear box for the pto take off which is common for flat belt pulleys but will need a v-belt pulley. This is not special to the FH mower set up and per the C-2 user guide is not included in the kit but appears to be the only rotor mower set up that requires it. If you ready the C-2 manual closely it describes it very well once you know what all the parts are though not every part is listed in the parts list for this set up, i.e. the pto gear box and spacer plates which are only mentioned in the set up description.

20160531_193110.jpg

I hope this helps, and again I will keep you posted as I make progress getting this set up working.

Ken

tst
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby tst » Tue May 31, 2016 8:19 pm

I took a picture from the mower manual but it is not easy to see, its a bad picture to start with
Attachments
IMGP3650.JPG