This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

TM Hydraulic By-Pass Block

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

TM Hydraulic By-Pass Block

Postby Ricaroo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:40 pm

Hi All
I purchased a Hydraulic By-Pass Block from TM and I am ready to install it on the cub However I need to install the fitting on the bottom of the block before I install the block on the TC unit and I can't seem to locate the proper fitting size. a #4 fitting thread size 1/4" npt is to small and a #6 fitting which is 3/8" npt is to big.

If anyone has a TM block please let me know what you used so I don't make a mistake and force the wrong thread size

Thanks for any help you can give me

Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Postby Dan Robertson » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:56 pm

Rick, my bypass block came from WK Poor, as did the adaptor for the return oil to the touch control. The bypass block should be the same as the TM block. All were patterned after the original Eq. It has a 1/4" npt female pipe thread. I used a hyd. steel 1/4" npt male X 1/4"npt female 90 degree fitting at that location.
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:
I try to keep mine to a minimum

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:27 pm

Dan,
Thanks, I sent you a PM

Oh by the way yes it is coasting a lot more than I thought it would when I started. Still worth the money and fun

Rick

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:50 am

I bought a 1/4" npt tap and cleaned the threads as well as going deeper into the hole, it added additional threads and that corrected the problem I was having. In short they did not tap the hole deep enough in the By Pass Block when it was made.

Rick

THOM
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby THOM » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:40 am

I also bought a hydraulic block from tm i used an old 1/4 npt hydraulic fitting i had and i didn't have to do anything but turn it in. If at All Possible try to find an old fitting made in the united states otherwise try to buy a good quality fitting, in alot of the china fittings the threads go back a little farther than american and the thread is cut alittle different and may not start in and may not seal. i have had a hard time with alot of these china fittings and pipe, now i look for fittings made in USA.

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:59 am

Thanks Thom,

Sounds like excellent advise. I will take note when I purchase fittings

Rick

Return to “Farmall Cub”