This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I'm BACK

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

I'm BACK

Postby Kirk » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:19 am

To All,

Wow, feels like I've been gone from the forum forever. :cry:

Almost 2 months ago, we moved from the panhandle of Florida to NW Arkansas. Our house in Florida was due to close one week after Hurricane Dennis descended on the panhandle...again!! After a crazy week of "cleanup" we were still able to close on the house....praise the LORD!! :wink:

So here we are in Arkansas again (we really call this part of the country "home") and preparing to move into our new house in 2 weeks (in Farmington AR). After we close on the house and get moved in, construction on a shop will immediately begin.

It's been interesting living in our Airstream travel trailer for this period.....parked in grandma's back yard. My 6 Cubs/parts/implemrnts are scattered around the area, being stored by friends and family. It will be nice to get it all back again.

And it feels very good to be back amongst friends on this great forum. :D :D :D

Kirk

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:25 am

Welcome Back!!!!!!!!!!!
Glade to hear all went & is going well.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

Postby superc_1 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:17 am

Kirk
Glad everything went well on the move. I'm thinking that I can smell a little bar-b-q in the air in the near future for a get together of local cub owner here in NW Arkansas. Galla Creek Arky and myself are about two hours away here in Russellville and anybody else who's around close; maybe, we can all get together. With the price of gas it will have to be close to be able to afford any kind of trip. I'm putting the final touches on my '51 cub.
No matter where you go, there you are.
"Jefthro Burns"

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:16 am

Kirk,

Ship Some of those cubs up to New England and Buzzard Wing and myself will take care of them for you 8)
Image On To Bigger Things

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:43 pm

Welcome back, and glad to hear you are getting settled in. Lived in a small travel trialer for a while when I first went to work for the phone company, and was glad when that was over with.

Never mind Scotty and sending the cubs to new england, send them to MO. It's a lot closer and won't have to use near as much gas getting them. LOL
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:50 pm

I was pleased with your good fortune when you got the load of cubs from the nursery. Good to hav yopu back.

Bill Sorensen
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Garvin Gatewood
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garvin Gatewood » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:27 pm

Welcome back to Arkansas. I think all of us in Arkansas should try to get together with our Cubs if the gas prices ever go down. We have a nice little park here in NE Ar that would be perfect for a little get-together. I have 5 Cubs and several pieces of equipment.
Eight Cubs-finally got a '57.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:14 pm

Kirk:

After I retired from the military, and we bought our property here, the old house was too small and Em was pregnant with the twins. The stairs to the bedrooms were only about 20 inches wide, steep and very unsafe (very small old farmhouse), so we lived in the basement apartment at her parents across the street. We did this for the first 6 months whilst I travelled back and forth to and from Ottawa until March of 87 (about 10 hours from here at my speeds.... :roll: ) and until I got the house finished in March of 88. I started the house in Sept of 87. The apartment was a 1 bedroom and we already had 2 kids. By the time the house was ready, my twin girls who were born on October 19th were almost 5 months old, so the apartment was a little croweded.

Good thing I spent 99% of my time on/in the new house. There wasn't much room in the apartment. It was really cramped.

Glad that you were able to get all repaired before close after Dennis. Hope Katrina has not rained on your parade too much.....

And the Lord does protect us, and gives each according to his need and according to HIS plan..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:44 pm

Thanks guys for the welcome home :D :D

And to Scotty and John....what a couple of nice guys...offering to babysit my cubs. For some reason I feel a little more comfortable having them scattered around the county 8)

Garvin and SuperC....It would be great to have a get-together. I'm like you guys though. Lets wait till the price of this dog-gone gas goes down. What a mess!!! :shock:

And Rudi, you said it best....it's all about HIS plan :wink: .
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:07 pm

Kirk, now that you are a little closer, don't forget aobut cubarama Spt. 22-24. About 330 miles for you.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:03 am

John,

Thanks for the reminder in regard to Cub-Arama.

If you recall mtg me for a short period last year...I came up right after IVAN devestated our area.....only being able to stay for about half a day.

This year, I planned ahead. I booked a hotel in Cape Girardeau for my wife and I.

As we will still be moving into our new home, we will probably get to be there Saturday only. But that's more than I got last year.

I simply can't wait!!!!! Look forward to seeing you and the others again :D
Kirk

CUBS:

'49

Return to “Farmall Cub”