This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

woods 59cf-1

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

woods 59cf-1

Postby superc_1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:20 am

cubguy47
The mower forum will be great. I'm putting the above mower on my cub and was wondering if you have a picture of the bracket that goes on the rockshaft arm. I can see the bracket on the parts sheet I have but it doesn't give dimensions. Is that bracket important to how the mower works or can I just hook it to the rockshaft arm? I thought I read somewhere that when you lift the mower that the belt tension is relieved and I was wondering if the way that backet is made makes a lot of differences on how the mower operates. Please send pictures if possible.
No matter where you go, there you are.
"Jefthro Burns"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:01 pm

The bracket extends the length of the lift arm, increasing the distance the mower can be lifted. Without it, you may not be able to lift the mower more than a couple of inches.

It's true that when you lift the mower, the belt tension is relieved, but that is due to where it pivots in the back, not the lift arm. Without the arm extension, you wouldn't be able to lift the mower enough to cause problems with the belt tension, at least.

As I recall, the lift arm on mine is a simple flat bar about 12" long, 1" wide, and maybe 3/16" thick. It's bolted across the ends of the "boomerang" shaped bracket on the touch control. On the end that moves up and down, there are two L-shaped brackets loosely bolted on. Each L-bracket has an eye bolt that hangs down, and a chain goes from the eye bolt to the mower. Large adjustments are made by hooking into different chain links, and small adjustments are made by screwing the eye bolts in and out.

superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

Postby superc_1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:17 pm

MATT
THANKS FOR THE INFO. I WENT AT LUNCH TO WHERE I GOT THE MOWER AND LOW AND BEHOLD THERE WAS THE BRACKET I WAS NEEDING. I FORGOT TO GET IT WHEN I GOT THE REST OF THE MOWER. THE MOWER WAS OFF THE TRACTOR ALREADY, AND I GUESS YOU DON'T THINK OF EVERYTHING. LUCKILY, I ONLY HAD TO GO ABOUT 2 MILES TO FIND IT.
WITH THE PRICE OF GAS @ $3.00 ITS GOING TO GET HARDER TO JUST GO PICK SOMETHING UP.
No matter where you go, there you are.

"Jefthro Burns"

Return to “Farmall Cub”