This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Steel fuel line on 1947 cub.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Muckler
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Steel fuel line on 1947 cub.

Postby Muckler » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:44 am

Hello everybody. Any tips on how to line up a steel fuel line so that it engages snugly into both the carburettor and fuel assembly simultaneously. Both ends have to be bang on the money to prevent leaks. Should all else fail do any of you use sealants to aid ones inaccuracy?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Steel fuel line on 1947 cub.

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:39 am

I attach it at the sediment bowl, then, detach the carb,from the manifold, attach the fuel line, then, ease the carb back into position, and tighten everything.
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Get the line bent properly and in place the best you can, then work on one end at a time. If completely in line, you should be able to screw each nut in by hand. If it won't go, look at it closely to see which direction it needs to bend. With the nut slid back and the line pushed fully in, you should be able to see the line closer to one side of the fitting then the other. Go back up the line a way and bend it slightly to fix the alignment. On the tank end, you can adjust the existing bend. On the carb end, you may need to bend it slightly in the first straight section.

It takes a little puttering, but you only need to do it once and you are good at least until you remove the sediment bowl.

Muckler
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Muckler » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks for your strategies . I really appreciate it. It's one of those jobs that you think should be easy until you set about it. My patience is gradually improving the more I work on the restoration.

Return to “Farmall Cub”