This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Identification of a Tractor believed to be a Cub ??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Terry Perkins
10+ Years
10+ Years

Identification of a Tractor believed to be a Cub ??

Postby Terry Perkins » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:42 am

I have just purchased a Farm in France which has a tractor supplied with it, at first when i saw it it looked abnornal due to the fact that the engine was to one side of the body with the steering wheel shaft outside of the engine, i have been told that it works extremely well, i have a photo of it but cannot find a way of adding it to this message. Due to the fact that i still live in the UK and untill the property becomes mine i will not be able to obtain the serial number etc.
if you could help me to find out what type of tractor this is i would be much appreciatted. I could then try to track a workshop manual to help me to maintain it.
I will send the picture to all who can help, if they let me have there email addresses.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:01 am

Congrats its a Cub w/sickle bar mower, wheel waights and a manuel lift my guess on the year is a 1947 based on the manuel lift which I believe was only the first year of manufacter..... Post the # on the aluminum serial plate located on the rightside just behind the steering colume and I am sure a member here will tell you the exact year......

Terry Perkins
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Terry Perkins » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:19 am

Thanks for your speedy reply, when i find out the serial number i will repost for more info

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:38 am

Congratulations Terry on your farm and cub. I noticed your name as the newest member as well as the UK. Congratulations again. I am sure Rudi will give you the welcome speil. There are a couple of other members in france. I of course don't know where in France you are in relation to them. As we get more Englishmen in France it seems like sort of a reverse Norman invasion.

Bill Sorensen
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:36 am

Definitely a Cub. Manual lifts were more common in Europe than in the US so could be more recent than '47. Can't see details too well from the picture but looks like either a US built tractor or possibly an early French Cub (assembled in France with mostly US parts).

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:22 am

Congratualtions on both your tractor and property and welcome to the board. Hydralics were an option for many years, so you can't really tell the year by the fact it has a hand lift. If it is U.S. made, the grill and headlights would indicate 953 or earlier. head lights changed to a pancake style in 1954.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:58 am

Hey Terry...CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME ABOARD! You have a nice lookin' Cub there with what looks to be a Model #22 Sickle Bar Mower with a RARE, original wooden grass board and original grass rod attached to the outside shoe of the mower! :wink:

Be sure to post the serial number and MORE close up photos so we can further help you in the identification of your Cub tractor! :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

yaume
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby yaume » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:58 pm

HELLO TERRY
glad to hear from a new french (well aalmost) owner of a french (well maybe) cub (cubs were built in france from 1956 to 1968 i believe).
your cub looks like being an americain built one so it should be earlier (rare).

on french build cub the type on serial plate is FF CUB, american cub type is F CUB.

Where did you buy your farm? From the wall stones I guess it could be in Britany or Limousin.

Patbretagne and I are two french members. We both live in britanny. Join the club!!!

Anyway, your cub is a nice find, did you got the plw and cultivator with it?
what makes my cub very rare is that it's the only one I've ever owned.

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:44 pm

Welcomr Terry!
I have Perkins ancestors, but that is another board..
Country and some of the other real pros on the board would be the first to notice the wooden grass board and stick.
Take good care of it and detail pics. Several members would like to verify the dimensions and detail to recreate those hard to find items.
Rudi will undoutdedly pick up on that and ask for detail to post in his very valuable archive of Cub info.
again - WELCOME!
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:26 am

Hi Terry, and welcome,
As Yaume says we are two outposters with Cubs over here in France. In Brittany to be exact.
Where are you buying? Where are you in UK, there is a member in Cheshire and another in N Ireland, both actively restoring.

Hi Yaume,
Hows it all going?
Baby, Noëlle I and a Potato Plander are off to Plouigneau Nr to Morlaix on Sunday. 11h for the parade. Might you be there?
The weekend after into your teritory for the national ploughing match, do you think we can take Baby as a static exibition?

Best wishes with the house and of course the Cub Restoration. I have a strange feeling that it could be an" American in Paris" came over with the Plan Marechal, like the lease lend in UK.
Look forward to getting to know you on the board, if yopu want, email
bargate-co-ltd@wanadoo.fr
Pat

yaume
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby yaume » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:28 am

Pat,

I'am on an friend's wedding near Dunkerque this week-endn so I won't be there.

about the ploughing championship. i didn't even new it was near our home. anyway, i am actually rebulding my bathroom. All my time goes through there... next time maybe...
can answer you about baby sorry.

but if you have now a potatoe planter, you'll have to get a potatoe digger (or is it harvester) . Mine worked perfectly next month. cub pulled out my two potatoe rows. Those old horse drown machines works perfectly with cubs...

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:53 am

Got any pictures of the potato harvester at work?
Have a good wedding, the ploughing is at St Caradec Tregomel
Best wishes
Pat

yaume
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby yaume » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:30 am

I was so enthousiatic when i used it that i forgot to take pictures. sorry
I try to get some static ones...

I didn't understood it was the "trailer plough" championship. I may change my plans about this week-end... I'll have to negociate with madam.

Is a cub plough authorised to compete... I guess organizers would let you try, even unofficially.

Return to “Farmall Cub”