This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My new mower puzzle. Can this work?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
clintmo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 26033
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
55 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: My new mower puzzle. Can this work? UPDATE

Postby clintmo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 pm

So since I got Cub #3 running and ready to work (thanks to some late night tinkering and lot's of Cubfest helpers) I decided to put this rig together and see if it works. Pleased to report that it's working great. I mowed with it for maybe 45 minutes today and so far so good. At the moment I'm using the pulley for my Woods 42 but I think I'll try the correct smaller pulley for the 59 as BIGHOSS recommended. I want the 42 to have it's pulley back anyway. The belt that came with it was wrong, WAY too short. I thought I was dead in the water until I remembered that the rotted out Woods 59 I mentioned before came with a belt that I had deemed junk and had put in the trash bin. Fortunately I hadn't emptied the trash and was able to pull it out and use it. Working great so far!

I've been curious about these mowers for a while and I've been close to spending money on a good one several times. My property is so sloped and uneven that I was never sure it would be practical. It cuts so nice and I enjoy using the Cubs so much that I think, for a while at least, this will be my primary mower. I need practice to get the hang of using it on my yard but so far I'm real happy. It's just satisfying to start with a pile of rusty pieces and turn it into a functional machine.

I'll post pictures of it mounted on the tractor soon, in case anyone is interested.

Clint

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

clintmo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 26033
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
55 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: My new mower puzzle. Can this work?

Postby clintmo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:30 pm

57 Cub with mower.jpg

Mower.jpg

mule drive.jpg

homemade extension.jpg
homemade extension

Mowed the whole yard with it this evening. Everything is working well. Just need to get it adjusted for the the mower height to be consistent.

Clint

Return to “Farmall Cub”