This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Productive Weekend

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mark1757
10+ Years
10+ Years

Productive Weekend

Postby mark1757 » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:31 am

I had a very productive weekend with the Farmall Cub thanks to my right hand man mechanic Brad. The engine would shut down after 20 minutes or so of running. This lead him to believe of electrical problems, and he found a broken wire inside of the generator. A little solder on the contact point, oil on the bearings, a little sand paper and adjustment on the regulator and the generator was charging and the engine was purring like it was 1948 again.
The oil finally got changed too (After 2 months of ownership.). I used the Case/IH (376373R91) filter and Case/IH Low Ash 30 weight oil. I don’t know how long that oil was in there – and I was warned that it was in “dire need” of a oil change when I bought it - but the oil in the theme song to the “Beverly Hillbillies” seemed to flow much cleaner and faster. The drain pipe cap under the oil filter canister was not one of the ways used to drain the oil filter either. A long screwdriver and some kerosene cleaned it out quite well though.
I’ll changed the oil again in about another 30 days or so just to keep an eye on it.
Overall, I’m one Happy Cub Camper! :D :D :D

Now, to drill out that 5/8” broken bolt from the bar socket, then I can install the drag bar support and have a properly installed McCormick Cub-22 Mower. :shock:
"But the Farmall Cub is part of the family, we could never sell it." My wife. 4/9/2007

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:37 am

Good deal Mark. There's nothing better than cub seat time. When you drill out that bolt, replace it with a set screw / bolt with a tapered end and it will help prevent mushrooming out the end and repeating the problem.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:33 pm

Mark:

Image To what Big Dog said... he always beats me to it. :-)

And Image on the productive weekend. Feels good doesn't it? As soon as yoiu can get a small project such as that completed and get some seat time, it feels real good, and you get to feel pretty proud of what you accomplished. I know that is how I feel every time I get something done with Ellie...

Keep us posted on your projects.. take pics, document, so others may learn from your experiences... nothing like pics and a narrative to help a guy screw up the courage to attempt some of this stuff.. especially to those of us who are either a little mechanically challenged, or are leary of gettin in to it.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”