This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CONGRATULATIONS Cub-Bud !!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

CONGRATULATIONS Cub-Bud !!!

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:11 am

Hey Cub-Bud...CONGRATULATIONS on your most recent "find" (an original 1947 Cub pinback)!!! :wink: I'm very glad to see it went to one of our FamallCub.Com board members! :D

NOW FOR YOUR "Tip-Of-The-Day:

Celluloid pinback buttons were first manufactured in 1896 (during the McKinley Presidential campaign). 8)

When you get your celluloid Cub pinback you can clean & protect it by using a small amount of QUALITY carnaba car wax (I use "Mother's"). :wink:
Use a CLEAN soft cotton cloth...NOT a paper towel (it scratches the celluloid). Rub gently...buff with CLEAN portion of same cotton cloth!

Your Cub pinback will last another 1/2 century, or so! :wink:
Last edited by 'Country' Elliott on Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:14 am

May sound dumb but whats a pinback?
Image On To Bigger Things

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:26 am

Thanks Country. 8) I have been keeping a watchful eye out for one of these "RARE FINDS" for several years now. I am very pleased to have one in my possesion very soon. As you may expect, it did not come cheaply.

Scotty and others, here is a pic of the advertising "pinback" button Country speaks of:

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:17 pm

Bud,
Glad to see you posting. Was worried about you in MS when i saw the news this morning.
Image On To Bigger Things

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:14 pm

If I don't have it wrong he is in north west Misasissippi and away from the storm for a while.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:18 pm

Bud will probably get a pretty good rain and some wind but I think the water shouldn't get to the floorboard of "Miss B" let's hope so anyway.
Stay dry Bud!

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:36 pm

Thanks guys. It has been raining here in N. Mississippi since early this morning. The storm is expected to move to the Southeast of us, putting us on the West side (calmer side) of the storm. We are expecting several inches of rain and wind gust 30-40 MPH.

We have had several residents from the Gulf Coast area in today purchasing Honda generators to carry back with them once the coast is clear. I hope and pray that they have something left to connect the generators to once they get there. :(
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:32 pm

Bud,
I don't mean to hi-jack Country's thread but It's good to know you guys wound up on the west side of this thing. We have been pounded this evening with rain and wind for the last several hours. We've had several tornadoes in the area and a lot of warnings. It's all turned to flood warnings now. Seems to have subsided so I hope the worst is over. Still it wasn't anything like what the folks in south LA. and Miss. or AL. had to deal with. Hope Joey in Hammond is doing ok, be good to hear from him.

They are all in our prayers.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Re: CONGRATULATIONS Cub-Bud !!!

Postby Dennis » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:29 pm

'Country' Elliott wrote:Hey Cub-Bud...CONGRATULATIONS on your most recent "find" (an original 1947 Cub pinback)!!! :wink: I'm very glad to see it went to one of our FamallCub.Com board members! :D

NOW FOR YOUR "Tip-Of-The-Day:

Celluloid pinback buttons were first manufactured in 1896 (during the McKinley Presidential campaign). 8)

When you gut your celluloid Cub pinback you can clean & protect it by using a small amount of QUALITY carnaba car wax (I use "Mother's"). :wink:
Use a CLEAN soft cotton cloth...NOT a paper towel (it scratches the celluloid). Rub gently...buff with CLEAN portion of same cotton cloth!

Your Cub pinback will last another 1/2 century, or so! :wink:

I feel very fortunate to have one of these on loan from someone I consider a very, very dear friend. It is my most treasured item, not just for it's rarity, but for the most generous thought behind it.

Thank You my FRIEND!
Dennis

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:26 am

Hey Dennis MY FRIEND...If it were not for you, and your creation of this WONDERFUL Web Site, none of us would have had the opportunity to meet and share our passion of Cubs and Cub Cadets! :wink: This site, all its hundreds of members, and its WORLDWIDE populairity stand as a testament to all your tireless work and unselfish dedication. :D All of us, who are new here, visit here daily, lurk in the background, or just visit on occasion, are very fortunate and grateful for everything YOU have done! :wink: FarmallCub.Com is, without a doubt, the VERY FINEST of its kind and a model for others to follow! 8)
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:22 am

Scotty D wrote:May sound dumb but whats a pinback?
Pinback is an old term for a display button with a pin on the back for attaching it to a shirt, jacket, etc. Now we simply call them a pin or button.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”