This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Engine Head Assembly

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
richard
10+ Years
10+ Years

Engine Head Assembly

Postby richard » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:41 pm

Do I need to seal the gaskets down with anything before torquing the head down on the block? This is new to me and I want to do it correctly. I've worked on a small engines, but not on a tractor of this size.

I'm ready to reassemble, as I've painted what I want for now. I hope to have it going for Labor Day Weekend.

Thanks to everyone for the valuable advise over the past several weeks. You have all assisted in getting the engine moving again and we show hope for starting and using this Cub in the near future. I'll use between the boys football, soccer and hockey games and practices. Again. thanks. :D

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Most here will spray a coat or two of Copper Koat on both sides of the head gasket before installing. Some here also use a teflon sealer on the head bolts. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:10 pm

I'll second what bud said, except instead of teflon on threads I use Copeer Koat on them also. both work.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:22 pm

I used a product called Hi-Tack Permatex. Came recommended from my CaseIH tech chief and 3 or 4 small engine mechanics. Apparently, it never dries, stays tacky and provides a micro-film seal to bond the gasket to both the block and then to the head after spraying both sides of the gasket.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”