This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

loader hookup

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

loader hookup

Postby Ricaroo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:27 am

Hi All,

This is what I believe to be the correct way to connect the Hydraulic Hoses on the loader, if I have messed up please let me know.

1 Supply from the tractors original Hyd Block I took the Allen screw out of
2 Valve handle for 2 way piston on bucket.
3 fitting for the hyd hose that comes from the 2 way piston attached to the bucket
4 fitting for the hyd hose that comes from the 2 way piston attached to the bucket
5 Supply for (2 oneway) pistons to lift the loader ( they connect together using a tee and a hyd hose runs from the tee to this fitting)
6 I think this fitting goes to the Reservoir tank
7 Valve handle for loader up pressure
8 This looks to be the fill for the Reservoir (it has a very small hole drilled into the cap that acts as a vent?)
9 This appears to be the drain plug
10 I think this connects to # 6 on the loader valve?
11 I think this is a return that would connect to the filler hole located on the TC?

Behind #5 is a plug, is this the place I would attach a return Pressure hose to the bottom of the new By-Pass block?
The Two control valves are connect together with a nipple, you can see it below the arrow marking #7

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:09 am

I believe 6 is the return to the bypass block.
On a seperate note looks like a Beismeyer guard on the saw. What is the square piece behind the resivour for? Is this a hold down for sheet goods?
Ron

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:17 am

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your reply; do you have a guess on how the reservoir would connect into the system?

What is the square piece behind the reservoir for? Is this a hold down for sheet goods? (No I took a piece of plastic sign stock and used it as a back drop for the pic so the clutter in the shop wouldn't interfere with the arrows and numbers on the reservoir.

Rick

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:44 am

Are you using a bypass block to hook this up or doing it without one? I assume the port at 1 is labeled "IN" and the one at 6 is labeled "OUT".

The rest of the connections depend on whether you have simple open center valves or ones designed for power beyond. Are the 2 valves identical? Maybe the plug behind #5 is a power beyond outlet or maybe it is just the second cylinder port when used with a 2-way cylinder.

Assuming you are using a bypass block and that they are simple open center valves, your connections, as modified by Ron's comments should be correct.

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:43 am

Jim Thanks for responding I hope my answers to your questions help

Are you using a bypass block to hook this up or doing it without one?
(Yes I am using a by-pass block)

I assume the port at 1 is labeled "IN" and the one at 6 is labeled "OUT".
(Yes you are correct)

Are the 2 valves identical?
(I don't think so #2 appears to have a center spot and you push the lever forward or pull the lever towards you which would make me think the two way piston on the bucket would extend or retract) (#7 you can only push forward which makes me think it raises the loader and if you pull it back a little beyond its normal resting place it would lower the loader using the weight of the
Loader to return the hydraulic fluid to the reservoir.

Assuming you are using a bypass block and that they are simple open center valves, your connections, as modified by Ron's comments should be correct.
(On that assumption you would not need the Reservoir?)

(How can you tell if the valves are open center or power beyond?)

I hope I didn't confuse the issue

Thanks
Rick

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:11 am

Unless one of the plugged ports in the second valve is labeled in a way that suggests power beyond, I would assume open center and go on with the connecting up.

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:28 am

Jim

So if it appears to be open center, Connect the hoses and NOT use the Reservoir?
Rick

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:49 am

Connect either 10 or 11 to the TC filler,leave the other one plugged. Use this to add reservoir capacity as the built in one isn't big enough for the one-way lift cylinders.

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:01 pm

Thanks Jim, sounds like a plan. I will contact WK for a fitting

Thanks Again
Rick

Return to “Farmall Cub”