This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Steering Gear Housing Assy part interchange

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bloomerang
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 50039

Steering Gear Housing Assy part interchange

Postby bloomerang » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:49 pm

I have a 1950ish Farmall Cub, desperately in need of a different front bolster, and I have a good candidate from a 1966 IH Lo-Boy. Will this part interchange be a direct swap? They look the same in photos, but you never know.

I've been searching the site but mostly found posts that only imply this can be done. In the most relevant (last two posts to the thread) Rudi says "I guess the front bolster on the Lo-Boy is the same as the regular cub?" In a reply Jim Becker says "You can find the answer here" (referring to the exploded view of the steering mechanism and the parts list from TC-37F showing 350-886-R23). How do I infer from this that it's a straight part swap, or that the interchange is a no-go?

Thanks a million,
Mark

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Steering Gear Housing Assy part interchange

Postby tst » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:07 pm

It will fit but the 66 is a square nose cub the holes for the dogleg screws are not drilled as deep so you need shorter screws, also the profile is slightly different around where the grille area is and the doglegs, it will work otherwise

Return to “Farmall Cub”