This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hydraulic Supply and Return Lines

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hydraulic Supply and Return Lines

Postby Ricaroo » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:31 pm

Hi All,

On the original Hydraulic Block on the tractor is the small line the supply and the larger line the return?
Assuming this is correct can you remove the Allen screws and attach your supply and return lines for the loader? I noticed on Dan Robertson’s pic he shows the by-pass Block installed and the return line is connected to the bottom of the new block and the supply line is connected to the original block. Why couldn't you attach the return to the other Allen screw on the original block and eliminate the by- bass block all together, or attach the return line to the fill hole? I now the use of the auxiliary Hydraulic tank is still a must.

What do you think, would it work?

Rick

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:50 pm

The samller line will be the hy pressure side (oil form pump). the block is needed to make the oil go to the external contorls, otherwise it would jsut keep running through the TC and the only time you would have enough pressure on the lines to operate the loader, etc. would be when the TC was also opeerating.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Postby Dan Robertson » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:29 pm

Nope--- it won't work that way. :? The bypass block stops the high pressure flow of oil from the hyd. manifold lines into the touch control (TC) , and routes it first via your hoses to the auxillary hyd. controls. Thus- they become first priority. The auxillary controls must have a power beyond (PB) feature. This is where you take the high pressure oil back to the bottom of the bypass block. Thus - the TC becomes secondary in line for high pressure fluid. The return oil from any cylinders must be routed back to the TC reservoir, preferably thru a filter in the return line.
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:
I try to keep mine to a minimum

RudyO
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RudyO » Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:36 pm

So, if you wanted to add an auxiliary hydraulic circuit say for a power angle snow blade or hydraulic lift disc, you would still need to use the bypass block and aux resivoir? I'm asking because I am planning on doing this mod for my F-Cub and am not familiar with the TC system. In the past, I've added extra hydraulic valves, etc on my cub cadets but they don't have a TC type system. Also, would an "open center" valve work for an aux circuit? Essentially when you are not using that circuit, the valve routs the incoming fluid from the pump right out and to the return line. Thanks!!

Ricaroo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ricaroo » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:08 pm

Dan,
how do I know if I have the power beyond (PB) feature on my auxillary controls ?

I am not going to pretend I completly undersand, However, do I need to purchase the special fitting you used on the fill hole of the TC unit for my return line coming from the Aux tank?

Thanks
Rick

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:21 pm

RudyO- An aux reservoir may not be needed if all your cylinders are 2way or as in the case of a snow plow you can use 2 1way cylinders that work in unison for the angle. Either way fluid is is stored and transferred within the cylinders themselves.
As for the valve, yes you will need an open center valve with power beyond so as to send pressure fluid back to the TC. I've been really dragging my feet. This forum needs a good working drawing of a typical basic aux. hydraulic system as more and more people are wanting to add this to their tractors.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:03 pm

RudyO,
For what you are talking about a simple open center valve without power beyond will work. You will need a bypass block. The pressure line from the tap on the TC manifold goes to the auxiliary inlet. The auxiliary outlet goes into the bypass block to power the rest of the TC system.