This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another Oil pressure gauge question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
seabeelt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02878
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
1953 Farmall Cub

Another Oil pressure gauge question

Postby seabeelt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:01 am

Soooooo after getting the 48 running on the weekend, I noticed that the oil pressure gauge is all the way to the right. In the manual it says that it should be in the middle of the gauge. In the trouble shooting section it says something about a valve. Is there any diagrams or descriptions of where this is located?

Many thanks
Michael

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Another Oil pressure gauge question

Postby Papa's Cub » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:19 am

I'm sure if you'll research the manuals above you will find the info you're looking for. Good Luck, Tom.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:20 pm

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%2 ... Engine.htm

From the Blue Ribbon Service Manual GSS-1411: Page 1-55 shows the oil pressure regulator valve. I'd determine that your gauge is reading correctly first (switch out with another known good one if you can).

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:33 pm

To find out if the oil pressure regulator valve is stuck in the closed position - - remove the hex nut, remove the spring, replace the hex nut, start engine. Run engine for 20 or so seconds, keep an eye on the oil pressure gauge. Shut off engine, remove hex nut. The valve should be pushed back against the hex nut if it's not stuck. Replace the spring and hex nut.

My Cub's oil pressure gauge reads to extreme right with cold engine and on engine start up. After engine and oil is warmed up the needle moves towards the 3/4 point on the gauge at throttle mid point.
I have an excuse. CRS.

seabeelt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02878
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
1953 Farmall Cub

Postby seabeelt » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Great, Thanks so much. I will give that a try and report back.

r/

Return to “Farmall Cub”