This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

clutch

Postby superc_1 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:03 pm

first thanks for all the help on the rpm question. now for the next. last night as i was trying to get the engine to run i pressed on the clutch and i noticed a grinding noise, and will the clutch pedal adjustment fix this problem? I put a new throw-out bearing and clutch plate in during the rebuild. the pressure was in good shape.
No matter where you go, there you are.
"Jefthro Burns"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:23 pm

superc_1,

I would suggest as you already stated to check the adjustment on the clutch. Mine done the same thing and I found out that I didn't allow enough freeplay and when I disengauge the clutch (pushed in the pedal) the yoke was actaully hitting on the pressure plate, this also causes way more pressure on the TOB than is needed to make the clutch disc slip. I think I said that right. I went and re-read my manual and adjusted it just as it said and it worked like a charm.

I assume you used the Carbon or graphite style of TOB and not the roller thrust ball bearing type. There was several folks that tried the ball bearing types and had some very bad experiences with them. I guess they would grind and make all kinds of nose.

John Niekamp
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

superc_1
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72823
Tractors Owned: 3- A's
1 Super C
1- 1951 cub
1- 1957 lo-boy

Postby superc_1 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:21 am

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. DO ADJUST THE CLUTCH WITH SCREW ON THE CLUTCH PEDAL OR WITH THE FINGER THROUGH THE PEEP HOLE ON THE TORQUE TUBE?
No matter where you go, there you are.

"Jefthro Burns"

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:40 pm

superc_1,

No, use the adjustment screw at the clutch pedal. The ones (3) in the torque tube is for adjusting the fingers on the on the pressure plate and usually don't require any adjusting, not to mention hard to get to, but it canm be done with small hands.
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

Return to “Farmall Cub”