This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Value check

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case
Circle of Safety: Y

Value check

Postby Dusty B » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:54 pm

What would be a fair price for a 5 or 6' tandem pull type disc in good condition?? Will a cub handle one that large?? Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

Clip
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 24551

Re: Value check

Postby Clip » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:16 pm

I've got a tandem disc, I think it's 5 discs per side for a total of 20. I'd probably pay around 300 for another in good condition. Mine came with the Cub and is going to require a fair amount of refurb.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:08 am

no, it will not may work with the front half
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:49 am

Fair price? No idea. Will a Cub handle it? Right up till you angle the disks, then it'll become a very good parking brake. My Cub 23A (tandem disk, 4 foot) is all my Cubs want to handle at times depending on the soil conditions. I couldn't see how another foot or two added on would improve things. Also consider that adding a foot to a tandem disk width is actually adding two feet to the draft. It'll take a lot more power, not just a little more.

Those times when my Cub 23A starts bogging one of the Cubs down I have found changing the hitch point (to the drawbar of the H :D ) is very effective. Come to think of it I could probably park one of the Cubs on the disk for weight.