This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

touch control problems.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

touch control problems.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:49 pm

One of my cubs has been having problems with not lifting as much as it should. I have the carry all on it and use it to haul my handicap scooter at some of the shows where our local tractor club has kiddie pedal pulls at. I have been using a band aid approach in that my rear rockshaft is a converted hand lift, and I put the spring back on it to help with the lifting. I do have to stand on it to get the carryall completely down to load the scooter though with the spring on it. With the weather getting nice, gardening finished for the year I decided to check it out. I discovered the hydraulics are only developing slightly over 1,000 psi rather than the 1,200 it is supposed to. That is most likely either the pump, the regulator valve spring, or the safety valve spring. Once I get the garden plowed tomorrow I plan to switch pumps between the tractors and see if that is the problem. If that does not make any difference I will go into the TC block and see what I can do.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Puffie40
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
1939 Farmall H
1959 MF 202
1965 MF 180
1937 Caterpillar 22
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: touch control problems.

Postby Puffie40 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Does your lift creep at all? Sluggish lifting can also mean a bad piston seal on the lift cylinder. Since seals are cheaper than a pump, I would start there.

Besides, a difference of 200 psi is not really indicating the pump is at fault.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Not sluggish, lifts at normal speed, unless it is beyond it's limit, then it does not lift at all. You can easily help it with one hand though and it will come up. I am planning to switch pumps between my 2 cubs in a couple days when I get time, and see if that makes any difference. I have another cub that runs between 1175 and 1200 and lifts the same load with no trouble. It is easier to swap pumps than to swap TC units. Then I will know which one to dig into, the pump or the TC block.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:12 am

Been working on it when I had time and felt like it, which sometimes takes a while. Normal rebuild consisting of o-rings, plus I replaced the pressure regulator and the safety valve springs. I don't have the hood back on yet, and haven't tried lifting my handicap scooter on the carryall, but my hydraulic maximum pressure is now 1250 pounds where it was 1050. That doesn't seem like much, till you realize it is a 20% increase in lifting pressure.

newfarmall
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 98223
Tractors Owned: 48 farmall cub

Postby newfarmall » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:23 pm

I am losing hydraulic fluid into the crankcase and dont understand how or where to start as this is my first tractor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:38 pm

newfarmall wrote:I am losing hydraulic fluid into the crankcase and dont understand how or where to start as this is my first tractor
O-ring or seal, depending on pump has gone bad and is letting oil bypass into the crankcase.

newfarmall
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 98223
Tractors Owned: 48 farmall cub

Postby newfarmall » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Right on thank you much guess ill tear into it in am and see if I can find some parts