This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

charging question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
housebg
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 70785
Tractors Owned: 1950AV Farm all High clearance
1952 Farm all Cub
1958 Farm all Cub
1959 Farm all Cub Lowboy
1951 Farm all Super A
1942Farm all B
1944Farmall B
2000Yanmar YM 2000
Gravely 5665
David Brown 880

charging question

Postby housebg » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:11 am

I need a wiring scm for cub with alternator (not original ) looks like GM alternator I need to know how to hook up so it charges may be charging now but unsure gauge is bad Billy

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: charging question

Postby tst » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:31 am

does this help?
Attachments
alterconvert.gif

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: charging question

Postby Eugene » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:01 am

housebg wrote:May be charging now, but unsure gauge is bad. Billy
Multimeter, DC voltage setting. Connect to battery terminals. Take voltage reading with tractor not running. Start tractor and throttle at mid range. Check voltage at battery.

If second voltage reading, with tractor running, is 13 volts or a bit more, then the alternator is functioning properly.

Edit: There should be a wiring diagram in the Operator's Manual for the tractor. Since the alternator has been apparently replaced - - how the alternator is wired is unknown.

If you need to replace the alternator, get a single wire alternator. Single wire alternator simplifies wiring up the tractor.
I have an excuse. CRS.