This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Grader/Leveler

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Grader/Leveler

Postby allenlook » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Hooked up the snow plow today - it's not that bad of a job, really, and Jay sure looks nice with those wheel weights, chains, and snow plow :D
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:13 pm

A litttle early isn't it Allen :?: :roll: :lol: :lol: For snow anyways..... :oops: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:44 am

Probably wants to be ready if Santa is practicing early deliveries. Besides this way no frost bite putting it on.
If it snows this early Allen will need to add a block heater.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Hookup

Postby allenlook » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:46 am

You can never be too early for snow around here, what with the lake effect and all. Summer's over and the leaves are turning already, so I gotta get ready :D

Nah, seriously, I just bought the snow plow setup and I wanted to figure out how to attach it, because it's not obvious looking at that pile of fixin's how they attach to the tractor. So I decided it would be better to learn how to do it in the summer instead of some dark night when the wind's howling and the snow's flying in my face and my tools are getting lost in the snow, yadda yadda yadda.

Already took the plow off and I plan on cleaning it up and painting it some, and the mower's back on. I even had the chance to fashion a better mount point for the mower lift chains after seeing how the plow mount works.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:02 pm

Allen: Did you take any pics of Jay with those nice looking gadgets on him? I just got my grader blade ready for mounting (had to fabricate a bracket and repair weld a cut bracket) and am dreading trying to mount it, yet you say it was pretty easy? While I'm on the subject, my question is can I mid-mount the grader blade while the rear toolbar is on the tractor, or does the toolbar need to come off?

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Toys

Postby allenlook » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:06 pm

You can check out TM Tractor for pictures of how to mount your blade, in the front and the middle. The drawbar is installed backwards to support the blade in mid-mount orientation.[/url]

It was really easy!

RAW in IA
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 50662

Postby RAW in IA » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:54 pm

I have a homemade blade for my Cub, and it only comes off to mount the plow to plow the garden. Otherwise it is on year round. I do take the extension off the to p of the blade though. I useit to push dirt fromn time to time, and to push leaves in the fall.