This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch finger adjustment...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rret
10+ Years
10+ Years

clutch finger adjustment...

Postby rret » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:34 pm

dumb question (or please confirm)...the clutch finger adjustment ***isn't*** done while the assembly lays flat on a table, is it? It is done after the clutch assembly is bolted to the flywheel, correct? thanks.
Better Red than green.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bythepond88
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60073
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: clutch finger adjustment...

Postby bythepond88 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:38 pm

Correct. BTDT. Thought I'd save myself some trouble and adjust it while I had the pressure plate off, but outsmarted myself. Ended up having to re-adjust it through the hand hole after all.
Michael Cummings
Eddie - a 1959 International Lo-Boy named after my father in law, who who bought her new.

rret
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: clutch finger adjustment...

Postby rret » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:47 pm

thanks. i adjusted it on a table first and then while bolting it to the flywheel, all 3 fingers started creeping inward (makes sense). By the time the bolts were snug (20 ft-lbs) the fingers had about a half inch gap! To me, clutches are one of those things where you sort of know how they work, but not enough to describe it to someone.
Better Red than green.

Return to “Farmall Cub”