This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fan hub assembly

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ian D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Fan hub assembly

Postby Ian D » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi Folks
This one may rack your brains!!
I have recently purchased a new front crankshaft pulley and fan assembly from TM for my 1955 cub restoration.
However when I fitted the fan hub assembly - the crank pulley and fan pulley are not vertical to each other - the fan hub sits facing further downhill than the crank pulley - as a result the belt will not run true

I have sat and studied this and even put the old fan hub back on (it leaks serious oil) to see what the score is - but it is just the same

The crank pulley seems to be exactly the same as the old one - I measured it before fitting and it seems to be identical

The slide the fan hub pulley mounts into on the timing cover seems to be in good order and does not seem to have been altered in any way

Can any of you suggest anything?

I appreciate the engine will still run and turn the fan but its "not right" if you understand me

Thank you
Regards
Ian Scotland UK

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fan hub assembly

Postby tst » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:57 pm

make sure the crank pulley is installed all the way in, sounds like it is not

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Glen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:15 pm

Hi Ian,

I guess you are saying the front of the fan is lower than the rear, it is not level, or straight out from the engine. There is supposed to be a washer on the shaft, right against the machined front of the slots in the front cover. I don't know other than that why it would not be straight.
A picture would be good.
If you had the old assembly filled to the right place with oil, it shouldn't leak. They have gaskets in them that can be replaced if they are leaking. If it is filled to the right level, it shouldn't run out the rear of it.
Here is a page from the Cub parts book of the fan. :)

http://www.farmallcub.info/manuals/cub_ ... 012-05.jpg

Ian D
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ian D » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:30 am

Thanks Glen - I will get a photo to show the fan. I will continue my search for a drive gear for the starter - the idea of just getting a delco one may be the final solution
Cheers
Regards
Ian