This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fan Assembly for Cub... Which One?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
andersonbc
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64089

Fan Assembly for Cub... Which One?

Postby andersonbc » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 am

I need a new fan assembly for my 1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy, and I am a bit confused out which part I need. My cub has been converted over to 12v, and from what I understand that means I need the larger pulley for the alternator. Unfortunately all of the aftermarket fan assembly's I have seen have 3.5 inch pulleys for both belts.

Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated (especially if the pulley size matters, and where I can source one)... thank you in advance.

P.S. In case you are wondering why I need the entire assembly... I took off the original to rebuild it and somehow it completely disappeared from my shop! My current best guess is that my four-year-old buried it in a hole, threw it in the trash, or tossed it in the lake (all sad endings). :(
1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Fan Assembly for Cub... Which One?

Postby bob in CT » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:01 am

It does not matter what size pulley you put on, except for the belt length. Even a slower-turning alternator will output more than enough power for a Cub, unless you have a monster bass sound system installed. :wink: The new replacements are all sealed bearings and that is a plus.

If you want an original oil bath type, a want ad in the Vine will surely turn one up.

andersonbc
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 64089

Re: Fan Assembly for Cub... Which One?

Postby andersonbc » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Thank you sir, I appreciate the quick reply. :)
1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy