This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub only starts when popping clutch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
aoehm
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 61279

Cub only starts when popping clutch

Postby aoehm » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:05 pm

A friend of mine has a cub and it will not start unless you pop the clutch. When trying to start it normal the engine cranks but does not fire. Everything looks fine and even had a mechanic look at it and he found nothing. Even after you pop the clutch to start it, turn it off, and try to start it again normally it will not start. Anybody have any ideas of what could be going on with it? Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub only starts when popping clutch

Postby Trent M » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:54 pm

By pop the clutch, do you mean you're pulling it to start it? Did your mechanic friend check the timing? That's where I'd start.
Trent McPeak

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cub only starts when popping clutch

Postby Eugene » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:16 pm

Magneto? That's a question.

If the tractor has a magneto ignition system, does the magneto click (impulse coupling) when cranking the engine over.

My guess is that it's a magneto. Either the spark timing is off or the impulse coupling is not working.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall Cub”