This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

'67 Lo tie rods

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

'67 Lo tie rods

Postby EZ » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:32 am

Good morning guys,

A question: I have the tie rods on my '67 Loboy adjusted all the way in, as far as they will go, but I still have about 1" to 1.5" "toe out" on the fronts. What gives?

The only way I can see to get the front of the tires closer to each other is to cut the end of the threaded adjusting rods approx. 1/2 inch each.

I have adusted my front axle in all the way. I find the front blade works alot better this way.

Anybody else have this problem?
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:09 am

EZ are your tie rod ends crossed as in the picture? Or has someone modified your front end?

Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:32 am

EZ, if you have the adjustable width fornt you may be able to tkae the bolt out and move them into the next notch. Another possibility is the knuckles at the spindles are bent, or if it is ealry enough to have setscrews instead of clamps holding the knuckles the point may be broken off one of the setscrews allowing the wheel to be out of alignment.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:34 am

EZ,

If you have your rods adjusted all the way in (it's hard to tell sometimes) the outer tube should cover nearly all the inner rod. I'd bet you still have another notch to go.

Here's Shorty ('58) before all the paint was removed... sure looks nekkid now in all bare metal!

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:31 pm

Thanks for looking in guys....

BD.....Yes my tie rods are crossed.

Gosh Darn John.....My front is adjustable. I've stripped paint and rust off every part, applied no-sieze to the inners of the axle and the tie rods, put everything back together. I'm at the absolute last notch on both adjustments, I actually cut the locking nut on the tie rods to make 2 thin ones in order to get as much as I can. I'm up as tight to the end as I can get. I also know about the little concave "puck" inside the adjuster which goes up against the "ball" on the steering arm. I'm at the max. so that is why I'm wondering, should I take a bit off the threads? I don't think so......should be designed to be right. I'll have to have another close look at it.

GW........Hmmmmmmm.....after examining the pictures of your front end and BD's front end, I would have to say that perhaps my rods are backwards!

i.e. Looking at the front, my right rod is on top, and the left is on the bottom. So..................If I correct this unusuality, it should more than make up for the 1" to 1.5" deficit.

Lesson......Listen to your elders, especially the ones with nice pictures.

Thanks guys, I'll let you know tommorrow how it turns out.

I'm not at home right now, but heading there shortly.
Just Do It !

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:17 pm

You guys helped me "nail it".
Compared with a couple of my "before shots" and sure enough :oops:

Upside down and backwards :wink:

There is a grease zerk on the top of the steering arm, looks like you would have to lift the adjuster on the left side to get a gun on it for grease.
I'll swap that around tommorrow and continue the rebuild.

Thanks again.
Just Do It !

Return to “Farmall Cub”