This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

still no hydraulics on 56 lo-boy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

still no hydraulics on 56 lo-boy

Postby freebird » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:18 am

My hydraulics still don't work. I have decided that it must be up in the resivoiur tank. I may have a clogged screen or somethng. I can see the fluid level drop slightly as I activate my lever back and forth, but that's it. I even tried to pressurize the tank with a fitting and compressed air...no luck. I will be making a list of parts from my catalog on what to order.
Is there a kit of parts anyone knows of that includes all I need for this job?
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:31 am

Terry, there is a rebuild kit for the touch control unit. Get the part number from the housing as there are a couple of different units so you will get the right kit. They are still available from Case IH.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:36 am

Block numbers 351981 R1 and 354383R1 through 354383R4 use kit 354008R95. block 360719R1 uses kit 360713R91. these kits consist of all the orings, gaskets, etc. but do not contain the screen, which is part number 351984R92. If you have the first number block (early style) and want a boot to replace the original instead of the smaller replacement, uses part number 351754R3, which is actually the boot for Siper A.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:29 am

Thanks alot fellas. Yes I want all the above mentioned. I've had a cracked RH rockshaft bearing since I've owned it. It had also broke the resivouir tank, but is has been welded back up. So with all that is wrong it warrants getting in there and getting things squared away. I've always has a leak from the tank gasket and it will be good to get a new one on. Again thanks and I will advise how it comes out.

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:04 pm

Hey Freebird!
Maybe it's the Penguin conection - I'm a few steps behind you in the process of redoing the Hydraulic pump seals. My pump shaft was grooved, but a spray weld/turn down corrected that.
Howsomeever, I have fluid at the pump, the allen plug out of the manifold at the reservoir - oil there also, still no pump activity. :?
The fluid in the reservoir is as you said, it lowers maybe an inch or so when the control lever is pushed forward, but nothin else happens.
Did you get any explanation for such actions?
Meanwhile, I am keeping a very interested eye on your progress.
Good luck with it, I need a leader :idea:
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:01 pm

Well Larry, I have nothing yet except I have a WHOLE NEW UNIT coming next week or so. I got it off ebay. It has everything, including another pump. I am hoping that my problem is just a clogged screen as this one is 50 yrs old. I did everything to try and bleed this darn thing down. I even made a bushing for the fluid filler hole and hit it with compressed air...no luck. I hope it (screen) has not fallen apart and got into everything. I think I mentioned that my old tank was broken and re-welded back together before I got it and always leaked. Since I'll have that taken apart I might just paint the whole motor, we'll see. I' hope to take pics and I will certainly let you know what I found ok?

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:50 pm

freebird wrote:
Since I'll have that taken apart I might just paint the whole motor, we'll see.

Famous words of a Cub enthusiast :lol: That's how they all start :lol: :lol: I know you will enjoy your time :!: "Might" :?: Right :!: :!:
8)

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:04 pm

oh, sure..it was fun. I have pics up on my server of the last project. I had my generator rebuilt and new voltage regulator. While I was in there I refurbed the fan shroud and fan and all mounting brackets. All ground contacts got star washers and all conections got a dab of anti-oxidant. I can't seem to make a link but I''l try
http://www2.whidbey.net/freebird/

Have a look.
Last edited by freebird on Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:13 pm

freebird,

You need to put the http:// in front of the www and then "Close Tags"

I could fix it for you but I'm not a (M) :lol:
I copied it and the pictures are great :!:
8)