This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Northeast Cubfest

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:12 am

Hey Cecil...GREAT IDEA Son! :wink: There are so many "Down-East Cubbers" on this board that Albany is easy access to! :D Unlike some others who have cautioned against holding it in Sept. due to Cub-A-Rama, I think you'd probably get a GREAT turnout of the folks who would love to go to Cub-a-rama BUT...it's just too far a haul for them!

SO...GO FOR IT CECIL! :wink: You might git a bunch o "Leaf Peepers" stoppin' by for a look see, ifin' you put up some signs by the Thruway! :lol:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter

Cubfest

Postby brichter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:17 am

Sounds good to me. Mary Lou wants to see New York anyway. I might now pull Andy that far but I would like to meet some Cubbers that can't make the Cub-A-Rama. Would like to get some separation from the Cub_-A-Rama though. It might improve attendance if they were at least a month or more apart.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Re: Cubfest

Postby George Willer » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:58 am

brichter wrote:Sounds good to me. <snip> It might improve attendance if they were at least a month or more apart.

When we chose the date for the first CubFest, we deliberately chose the weekend before Red Power Roundup, held in PA that year. Our thought was that some might attend both that way. It seemed to work... Jim Becker (TX) and Mike Schmudlach (WI) probably wouldn't have come that far otherwise.

Everyone who decides to have a get-together should write their own rules and reasons! :)

PLEASE, don't use any other event as a standard... go for whatever gathering you can arrange in your own area... large or small. You won't be sorry! :shock: The more such events the better.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Yeah!

Postby allenlook » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:00 pm

I'm 20 minutes NORTH of Albany, so I'd be there with bells on :)

Let me know if I can assist in any way.
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:35 pm

Cecil

Just go for it :!: Its hard to describe how enjoyable it is. I went down to bigdogs and it was awesome :!: I had big plans on video taping everthing but I was having so much fun talking to everyone I didn't have much time for the camra. I even left my rocking chair to save my place for next year :!: Don't worry about making big plans as the most fun is just visiting with everyone. I am sure if you make a date everyone that can come will.

Cubfest it and they will come :!: :!: :!:

Good luck Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:12 am

Jay I will certainly take you up on the offer for your help. Thanks a lot.

Was up to SPAC last Friday for the Crosby Stills and Nash concert. Only takes about 45 minutes or so to get there. Return trip would be the same so if you ever need help with anything let me know.

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:14 am

Allenlook, Trying to do to many things to once. The post addressed to Jay is yours. Nice name for a tractor.

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:34 pm

i've been out of town for a bit assisting my Dad on a window replacement project....work..work...work....well, it was in the Colorado Rockies :wink: nice there this time of year.

I did speak of the possibility of using the Zagray Farm, but i'd certainly be up for an upstate NY area Cubfest :!: 8) 8) :)

so, count me in! anything i can do to assist this venture, let me know.

We can always entertain using the farm for another years event.

rummor has it that the 2007 HCEA (Historic Construction Equipment Assoc.) gathering will be at the Farm. final approvals, and arrangements are still pending, but it's looking good 8) 8) 8)
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

wwirz
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wwirz » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:17 pm

I am in and would come to this event. I live in Corning, NY so it is only 4 hours away. Let me know if you need any help!

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Cecil » Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:18 am

You got it. It's definitly a go. Getting antsy already and its still over a year away.

Return to “Farmall Cub”